Kensington-Little Mountain Football Club is one of several community soccer clubs which operate under the umbrella of the Vancouver Youth Soccer Association (VYSA). The VYSA oversees youth soccer for the city of Vancouver and KLM draws players, aged 4-17, from Champlain Heights in the east, south to Marine Drive, west to Cambie and north to Kingsway.
KLM Football Club currently registers approximately 700-750 boys and girls each year ensuring both a neighbourly club and one that can field a full range of house and competitive teams. We are a non-profit society organized, administrated and operated by volunteers. KLM strives to keep fees modest and include all irrespective of ability to pay.
We believe the commitment of our volunteers, the quality of our coaching and the skilful, respectful, fair play of all our players makes KLM Football club the best place to play the most beautiful of games.
KLM Mission Statement
KLM is dedicated to the task of promoting and enhancing the culture of soccer in the KLM community. Our efforts and energies are directed to the following objectives:
- We are committed to developing coaches to the highest level through a quality instructional program. By developing good coaches and encouraging them to achieve their maximum potential they in turn will develop their players to their maximum potential.
- We strive to develop players at all levels of play by building and improving their skills, confidence, fitness, initiative and a sense of teamwork in a fun filled and safe environment.
- We encourage and will assist our players, coaches and parents to become referees and to develop their refereeing skills to their maximum potential.
- We promote and encourage high standards of sportsmanship and we embrace the principals of “Fair Play” espoused by FIFA.
- To inspire and enable our members to achieve excellence in the sport of soccer and in life